Sunday, February 5, 2012

Training begins - for real!

I had a good week - continuing to ease back into training.  Tomorrow the countdown starts.  20 weeks to IM.
I had a few good runs - good meaning that I run continuously for 3-4 miles - not needing a walk break and not having pain.  Pace is about 1 minute per mile slower than it was pre fracture but I think that will work itself out.

The bike has been fun.  I have the computrainer totally hooked up and rode the first 15 miles of the old CDA course.  I have an interactive video CD of the old course - totally cool, you load it up on the pc, connect the bike trainer and start pedaling.  The video of the actual course plays and speeds up and slows down with you.  Super cool and motivating.  I know it isn't the same course I will be riding but it will give me a pretty close idea as to what I will be dealing with on race day.  I also have Chrissie Wellington to coach me - I downloaded special workouts recorded by her (audiofuel) that will get me through fast intervals. 

I also got a good swim in today.  Happy about that.  No trouble staying afloat - but definitely will need to work on speed.  For now I am happy to just swim and work on endurance and technique.  Hard to imagine what the lake will feel like while swimming in a pool.  I understand it is darn cold!

Weight - down a pound and happy about that.  Changing things up a bit and focusing on real food - meaning - fresh - preferably organic - oh yes and you have to cook it....  :) 
Ok, but just to fess up - last night I had dinner at the 5-8 Club in Minneapolis.  It is the home of the Juicy Lucy - so when in Rome...yadda yadda yadda .... All I can say - Awesome Burger - awesome service - and not too expensive really.  A definite must try.

Well, I am off to finish the batch of yogurt I started earlier and then time to get some shut eye - I am in training afterall.

No comments:

Post a Comment